The Implementation Specialist is a critical role to the successful implementation of software for and in establishing a long-term relationships with our clients. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and/or supporting client projects, application configuration, solution testing and acting as the client’s main point of contact. Additional responsibilities include technical support, especially around configuration, and creating/maintaining training and support documentation. The role requires the ability to travel to client sites to deliver training, which may include international destinations. This role reports to the VP of Customer Experience.
- Manage implementation tasks and timelines.
- Conduct Discovery meetings and perform information gathering and gap analysis
- Serve as primary Point Of Contact for client teams during implementation process
- Configure the application to satisfy customer’s business processes according to the outcome of the discovery phase.
- Conduct weekly meetings and provide status and progress update on projects.
- Track all errors and requests encountered during implementation phase and report to product development and management team.
- Conduct on-site and web-based application training – Travel estimated at 10% to 25%, domestic.
- Review and assist with the creation of training materials and participate in product improvement sessions.
- Assist with ongoing technical support of client and configuration.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects from planning stage to completion (2-4 years).
- Demonstrated experience in training development and/or delivery (2-4 years).
- Advanced communication (oral and written) skills, specifically in interacting with external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to collaborate as a productive and active team member.
- Working knowledge of Human Resources function helpful, but not required.
- Working knowledge of report writing helpful, but not required.
Dovetail Software is a privately held, Austin-based company that provides HR Help Desk and Customer Support software enabling organizations to provide effective support for both employees and customers. Dovetail is an open, dynamic, and collaborative environment with a focus on innovation and creativity. We don’t punch clocks or micromanage redundant processes. We are an open environment where we challenge each other on a regular basis, keeping us all at the top of our professional game. We have the nimble flexibility of a start-up with the stability of almost 20 years in business. Our headquarters is in Austin, TX, but we are a remote-friendly company with team members across the U.S.
We are experienced professionals who have a drive to deliver the best products, services, and solutions possible. But, we’re also parents of twins, animal enthusiasts, cyclists, runners, swimmers, triathletes, yoga practitioners, gamers, and foodies. We are state school, private school, and advanced education graduates. We participate in industry groups and win industry awards. We are leaders, board members, and college professors in organizations related to software sales, support, development, testing, design, and documentation.