Dovetail Software is hiring developers to work on our HR Case Management SaaS app. We’re looking for smart people to help us work on some cool stuff on cutting edge technology hosted in the AWS cloud. Help us write some code, automate some servers and push updates to happy customers!
We’re currently looking for:
Dovetail Software is a leader in web-based HR Case Management software and Customer Support solutions that enable organizations to provide effective support for both employees and customers. Dovetail is an open, dynamic, and collaborative environment with a focus on innovation and creativity. We operate on the philosophy of “treat people right” & let our team of professionals do what we hired them to do: build & sell industry leading products.
We don’t punch clocks or micromanage redundant processes. Dovetail is an open & relatively flat organization; where we challenge each other on a regular basis, keeping us all at the top of our professional game. We have the nimble flexibility of a start-up … which means we have the visibility of one, too. When you do a great job, everyone notices; when you need help? We’re there to see that, too; and the open communication in our team helps keep us all on the right path. We’re data-driven and gather as much data as we can before making decisions. We’re customer focused and spend a lot of time talking with our customers and making sure that we build stuff that helps them be more awesome.
We encourage continual learning & development. Our technical team participates in various community organizations, write blogs, and are frequently working on outside projects because they enjoy development. Participation in the community (blogger, attendance of events, avid blog reader + commenter, etc.) will put you firmly in the running for this position. We’re looking for people that believe learning and continuous improvement are primary responsibilities of a software developer.
What’s life at Dovetail like? We could tell you a bunch of great reasons why you should come to work for Dovetail; like our 15 days of Vacation for 1st year employees or flexible work hours; but we’d rather let you hear it from the team. Here’s what some of our team members had to say about why they like working at Dovetail Software:
Company & Team:
- The people, I enjoy working with passionate learners who all challenge me everyday ~Ryan, Developer
- Working with awesome people – lots of high end people on the team, dedicated to what they’re doing (not slouching or just keeping your head down) ~Chad, Director Development
- I like that the team here takes the “do it right” approach, rather than the “get it done NOW and ship it NOW” approach. We challenge each other, and we’re all better for it. ~ Aaron, Development
- I really like how we as a company contribute back to the community ~ Dru, Development
- I love the product I work on and the challenges we tackle as a team ~Brandon, Development
- My team is trusted to make technical decisions instead of being forced into poor long term decisions for short term gains. ~Brandon, Development
- Not a lot of red tape or roadblocks to get in the way of doing things right – a lot of freedom to choose the right solution without unreasonable constraints ~Chad, Director Development
- I really appreciate the flexibility that this team gives me to choose what I want to focus and work on: I never feel pigeon-holed into a pre-defined “developer” slot. If I see something that I could improve, I have the freedom to tackle it. ~ Aaron, Development
- The culture, everyone here is committed to a healthy work/life balance and that is really awesome ~Ryan, Development
- Not a lot of red tape or roadblocks to get in the way of doing things right – a lot of freedom to choose the right solution without unreasonable constraints ~Chad, Development
We’re looking for a proven .NET developer that has experience in working with the business line to create solutions for one of our product lines. You’ll be working on a small team that develops applications for large businesses using some of the latest technology. You will work closely with the Chief Strategy Officer, and will be involved in all aspects of solution development, including analysis, design, development, testing, documentation, and support.
Our practices and technologies include:
- Test-driven development
- Continuous integration
- Git and Github (for SCM and issue tracking)
- Frequent deployments (but we are working towards a goal to get to Continuous Deployment, can you help us get there?)
- Huboard (Kanban on Github issues)
- Require, Knockout
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, CloudSearch, ElasticCache, S3, etc)
- FUBU MVC, C# 4, .NET 4
- SQL 2012
- Someone who has well-established experience; a minimum of 4 years will be more likely to succeed in this role. While you’ll never be abandoned on your own island; we’re really looking for someone who can dive right in with us!
- Software design, system architecture, process improvement.
- Experience with .NET and Ruby (preferably) as well as decent experience with a non-.NET stack, such as Rails, Django, etc.
- Partner with other team members to share learnings, create and educate on best practices, and improve the overall efficiency and productivity of the development organization.
- Our new team member will be based at our HQ in Austin Texas.
Dovetail is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer & all of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume/cv as an attachment or a link. We’d also love to see your github profile as well as what industry organizations, meet-up groups, memberships & or social communities you participate in.